The Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) on Wednesday announced its decision to recommend former Sri Lanka captain Kumar Sangakkara for a second term as president due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic. The former wicketkeeper-batsman had became the first non-British President of the club after he assumed office on October 1 last year.
Pakistan expects England to reciprocate and tour in 2022.
England batsman Kevin Pietersen was fined an undisclosed amount by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) on Wednesday for disparaging comments he made on Twitter about a television pundit.
Jofra Archer has passed on details of the abuse to the English Cricket Board and is seeking to have action taken.
The Black Caps were also scheduled to travel to Australia for an ODI series but the fixture was on Friday postponed to next summer (2021-22) due to the pandemic.
Azeem Rafiq claimed 'institutional racism' at the club, which has not offered a response so far.
England fast bowler Steven Finn has been ruled out of the remainder of the three-day warm-up match against India A with a right thigh strain, the country's cricket board (ECB) said on Wednesday.
Former Pakistan leg-spinner Danish Kaneria will protest his innocence when he appears before an England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) disciplinary hearing investigating corruption charges this month, his brother Vicky said on Tuesday.
West Indies captain Jason Holder says coming to England for a Test series in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic is neither dictated by money nor a sense of adventurism but the move is a genuine effort to bring back normalcy. West Indies players arrived in the UK on Tuesday for a three-match Test series, starting July 8 at Southampton in a 'bio-secure' environment. It will be cricket's first international engagement since mid-March when the coronavirus pandemic halted all sporting action.
England named an unchanged squad for first match of the three-Test series against Pakistan that begins on August 5 in Manchester, the country's cricket Board (ECB) said on Wednesday. England beat West Indies 2-1 in the first international Test series since the COVID-19 pandemic suspended the sport in March, winning the third match by 269 runs on Tuesday.
England fast bowler Mark Wood said he withdrew from Thursday's Indian Premier League players' auction so that he could spend time with his family and get some rest ahead of a busy second half of the year.
ICC suspends Zoysa, Gunawardene alleging corruption in T10 league
It is learnt that neither Head Coach Ravi Shastri nor captain Virat Kohli sought any written permission from the BCCI to attend the former's book launch at the team hotel.
After planning to introduce central contracts for India's women's cricketers, the Board of Control for Cricket in India is all set to give green light to the likes of Mithali Raj and Jhulan Goswami to play in tournaments abroad like the Women's Big Bash League in Australia and the Women's Super League in England.
Australia avoided a series whitewash as they survived a mid-innings wobble to beat England by five wickets in the third T20 international and regain their top-ranking in the sport's shortest format on Tuesday.
Jason Holder is unsure when he will set foot in Barbados again as he bounces from one biosecure bubble to another, but after the COVID-19 pandemic took a huge bite out of his pay packet the West Indies skipper wants to grab every opportunity that comes his way.
Pakistan head coach and chief selector Misbah-ul-Haq said being confined to home due to the coronavirus-forced lockdown can become depressing and wants some cricket activities to resume soon even if the matches have to take place behind closed doors with proper safety barriers. Misbah said he would love to see some cricket activities resume at the international level and has no problems in playing in empty stadiums.
England's limited-overs captain Eoin Morgan says giving fans the chance to watch live cricket on television, even if the matches took place without spectators, would help boost morale during the coronavirus pandemic. The England and Wales Cricket Board has suspended all professional cricket until May 28 but is looking at the possibility of playing internationals behind closed doors.
England have major concerns about the planned tour to Bangladesh later this year, the team's limited-overs captain Eoin Morgan has said in the wake of Friday's attack by gunmen at an upmarket Dhaka restaurant that left 20 dead.
West Indies will tour England next year instead of Sri Lanka. West Indies will play two Tests in England at Lord's and Durham followed by three one-day internationals.
Former England captain Geoff Boycott hit out at the ECB, saying it is "monstrous" even to be thinking of sending players back to the terror-stricken subcontinent and demanded the International Cricket Council's intervention to stop the two-Test series between India and England.
Banned Pakistan spinner Danish Kaneria denied media reports that he is seeking the Board of Control for Cricket in India's help to take up his case with the International Cricket Council.
The last two matches of the India-England seven-match one-day series have been called off over safety fears following a series of terrorist attacks in south Mumbai on Wednesday night in which around 100 people have been killed and more than 300 injured. An England Cricket Board (ECB) statement said the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) had agreed to its request to postpone the remaining two one-dayers.
Fast bowler Stuart Broad has been ruled out of England's second Test against Sri Lanka with a calf strain, the England and Wales Cricket Board said on Friday. His place for will go to either Steven Finn or Tim Bresnan.
All-rounder Ben Stokes will not travel with the rest of England's squad for the Ashes, though no final decision has been taken on his participation in the Test series in Australia, the England Cricket Board said on Friday.
Durham pacer Graham Onions will replace injured seamer Chris Woakes in the England squad for the last two ODIs and the one-off Twenty20 against India, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has stated.
Pakistan Test spinner Danish Kaneria has not only been banned for life from all English county by the England and Wales cricket Board (ECB) but has also been fined 00,000 for his role in spot-fixing.
'India is not so distant from years of high and entrenched inflationary expectations that it should start trying to play games with the economy the way the West's central bankers think they are entitled to,' argues Mihir S Sharma.
The pilots are also looking to take recourse to legal steps, including recovery proceedings against the company for salary, allowances and benefits
Former Pakistan leg-spinner Danish Kaneria's appeal against a life ban from cricket for spot-fixing was dismissed by an England and Wales cricket board disciplinary panel on Tuesday.
'Honestly, I don't want to be a testing sort of a cricketer for any new format. I don't want to be someone who's going to be part of that World XI who comes and launches the 100-ball format'
Sri Lankan batting great Kumar Sangakkara and former Australian cricketer Jason Gillespie are currently in self-quarantine, following the government's guidelines for those recently returning from Europe, which has now become the epicentre of the COVID-19 pandemic.
England bowler Mark Wood will have ankle surgery and is set to miss the tour of India that starts next month, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Sunday.
England coach Andy Flower has dismissed reports that he had issued an ultimatum to the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) over misfiring star batsman Kevin Pietersen as 'totally inaccurate'.
According to a report in the Guardian, Hales is currently serving a 21-day ban after returning a second positive test, having pulled out of Nottinghamshire's Royal London Cup campaign, shortly after the World Cup squad was announced, for undisclosed "personal reasons".
Pakistan's Danish Kaneria has finally admitted his role in a fixing scandal that led to the imprisonment of former Essex team-mate Mervyn Westfield after six years of denials, Britain's Daily Mail reported.
English cricket officials secured the continuing presence of national coach Andy Flower after the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) announced on Tuesday they had agreed a new contract with the Zimbabwean.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has handed a two-week ban, starting next season, to all-rounder Dmitri Mascarenhas for his Twitter outburst against national selector Geoff Miller.
Scoring hundreds and doubles hundreds could force the England selectors into recalling controversial batsman Kevin Pietersen, Surrey director of cricket Alec Stewart told Reuters on Thursday.
However, ECB chief executive Tom Harrison put the cold water on the prospect, saying that it was highly unlikely that a day-night Test would be there in the schedule when the Ashes series would return to England next year.